These are mighty tasty. While I haven’t done a nutrient analysis of the recipe for macros, based on similar recipes and my own calculations, these muffins have the following macros per muffin: ~200 calories | ~19 g fat | ~3 g net carbs | ~7 g protein. Recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup erythritol (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more)
- 1/3 cup butter or ghee (or coconut oil if going dairy free)
- 1/2 cup (on the scant side) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and add in melted butter, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Blend all ingredients until just combined, then fold in the blueberries. Distribute batter evenly in muffin liners.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
Chocolate cake variation
Add 1/4 cup of cacao, preferably Valhrona cacao powder, + a little extra almond milk, bake for ~ 25 minutes (can be baked in cake round or in muffin liners).
Vanilla berry cake variation
Omit blueberries, add 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract. Top cake with whipped cream and berries. Bake for ~ 25 minutes.
Coconut cake variation
Add 6 tablespoons of unsweetened coconut + 1/4 teaspoon of coconut extract (optional). Bake for ~25 minutes.
This recipe is inspired by Wholesome Yum (muffins too dry, not enough salt and vanilla) and Sweet Laurel Kitchen (perfection, but not keto with the maple syrup) with some tweaks that make for a perfect blueberry muffin in my book. You can’t even tell it is keto!
One thought on “Keto blueberry muffins + three variations”
These sound good! Xoxoxox